I have and use both a Humax 9200T and a Microsoft Media Centre computer to record TV for offline watching. After several years of this setup I now hardly ever watch TV ‘live’ and the boxes just record all I’m interested in and I just consume at will. But neither platform is perfect. So what’s the chance of Microsoft and Humax looking at each other’s products and improving. Yup, thought so, 0%. So…
- Let me edit the programmes easily and cut down the file sizes
- Can you make my hardware work in Windows 7 please
- Let me multi-select a few programmes and delete them in one go
- Develop a remote control that works from my WinMo phone
- Develop a media extender that is NOT an XBOX. I don\’t want a noisy console, I want a small, discrete, quiet unit that will stream the files over WiFi.
- Give me a 14 day EPG
- Have an unlimited series follow – 25 is so random (and low)
- Have an unlimited number of recordings – 50 can be too few
- When I chase play, and then stop, please remember where I was!
- Can you give me network access to the recordings
- Let me quickly (one button) delete the recording when I stop playing it
On balance I still don\’t know which one I prefer to use, guess I\’ll keep them both going for now!